Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Welcome To My Very First PhotoBlog!


"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." -Psalm 118:24


And this is where it all begins.....




This is the very first landmark that was shown to us when we first came to Chicago. This is where the "heart" of the city begins. It's the point of "origin," the zero mark, it's the 0 North, 0 South State St., and 0 East, 0 West Madison St. The convergence of zeroes in a grid, the center of all of Chicago's addresses.
(© Copyright MMD Images, 2012)





Chicago streets are designed to follow grid lines. The whole city runs from East (Michigan Lake) to West, from North to South. Simple, right? From this "star" of convergence, all street numbers are based from here: 0E, 0W, 0N, 0S. So if you just follow the grid, you'll never get lost in Chicago. Believe me, I walk those streets myself, all the time!
(© Copyright MMD Images, 2012)




This is the view I see on State Street everytime I go out on my breaks at work.
(© Copyright MMD Images, 2012)




Sunny State Street.
(© Copyright MMD Images, 2012)



Very sunny indeed!
(© Copyright MMD Images, 2012)




More view of the beautiful skyscrapers in the Loop (downtown Chicago).
(© Copyright MMD Images, 2012)





The Civic Opera House in Chicago, the home to the Lyric Opera of Chicago.
(© Copyright MMD Images, 2012)





I hope you've enjoyed my first photo blog. Please come and visit again, I have more in store for everybody. May my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ be pleased with this "project."

Be thankful for everyone and everything in your life.



6 comments:

  1. I live in the Chicago area....cool! It is the prettiest city in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I hope I'll be able to share its wonders & beauty on this photobog. Thanks for dropping by KD! God bless...

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this. The only time I was ever in Chicago was to run the marathon. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad you liked it Shanda. Thanks for the visit! I wish I could run those marathons... oh well. =)

      Delete